Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Holocaust Blog

December 12, 1943
This week mother has picked up a disease that we do not know of. We have been in our little beat up apartment in the ghetto since 1939 when the Jews were kicked out off  Germany, now we are in December and Christmas is only a few weeks away. Mothers sickness is suspected to be from not picking the lice out of her clothes like the rest of us. It is also because she has been working excessively to bring food to the apartment cause father got sent to Auschwitz. I miss father so much and I hate the Germans for taking away from us. I have grown skinny cause the food in the ghetto is very scarce and mother is starting to worry about my health but I keep telling here to relax and not worry about me that makes her worry even more. There has been snow for almost 6 days now and it keeps falling and me and a few others have to shovel it out and that is like a job you can never imagine because your feet are burning from how cold the floor is and your sweat gets frozen on your skin. I came home one day to find mother making food and then I think that her sickness has gone away but then she falls on the floor and collapses but lucky for us we have a doctor who lives in the apartment that is above us and as soon as I call to him he rushes to our apartment and helps mother regain consciousness. Then he tells us that the Germans are coming to take the weak Jews from the ghetto and send them to a work camp so that  they can work for the Germans making war goods. Soon, the following week the Germans come and take the weak Jews just as the doctor said, and take them away and we never see them again and one off the weak is mother. I am now so heart broken that I don't know what to do.

Jesse, Anamoo

No comments:

Post a Comment